Список форумов Геоинформационная система. Беларусь. Геоинформационная система. Беларусь.
Форум сайта www.emaps-online.com

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 

Getting overwhelmed after starting a new project-s

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Геоинформационная система. Беларусь. -> Общие вопросы
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Guillette031

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Ноя 05, 2012 4:43 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Getting overwhelmed after starting a new project-s Ответить с цитатой

Getting overwhelmed after establishing a new project
I started a task (a Windows based plan program that helps you stay ordered with your subjects and assignments).
The problem is that I'm not sure how I will need to manage this project in addition to what order to build issues. Should I build all the different program elements then write the code or should I produce an interface, code it, make another interface subsequently code that? So my question is; how do I split up this longish project into small, ordered pieces to complete; and how should I order this?
Obviously,louis vuitton outlet, you can find multiple ways to split a task into more manageable pieces, but the one way that I locate both easy and useful is always to structure your project around the functions that you plan to implement.
Very first, define your use scenarios, and make a list of features that you intend to have in your product. Then prioritize the features that the product or service must have to be marginally operational. Once this set was in place, you could either refactor pertaining to things that you learned about the particular domain that you missed prior to started, or prioritize your next set of features, and increase them on.
The advantage of this approach is that you do not have to decide on your timeline upfront all at once. With that time you usually know practically not only what you are going to make, but also how you are going to assemble it. When the concept is brand-new, there is a reasonable idea of what "core", however you tend to discover "outer layers" as you go. Once you start using version zero of this product, the priorities associated with non-core features will shift, this means you should be prepared to it. dasblinkenlight Apr 13 at 18:17
Everyone organizes a project a little different, so it's up to you determine what works best for your needs. Here's what I do, and hopefully which will help you out.
Write down EXACTLY what you choose your project to accomplish. Think of it being a start-up pitch: clearly define the targets of this project and how you are likely to accomplish them.
Draw out a flow cart for the standard workflow associated with your project. How do you want the user to interact about it? How will things work on the back-end? What may be some frequent pitfalls that you'll need to look available for? All of these things must be clearly defined in a simple-to-digest method.
Start small and work your way upward. This may seem a bit ambiguous, so let me explain: Naturally, a project goes through iterations plus "grows" (both in maturity and complexness) over time. So, start with the particular bare minimum use case, in addition to work your way up from there. Such as, I'm developing a small message application. I'm not going to dive right into a client/server model where clients send messages to the host. Instead, I started off simply by writing simple plain-text messages with a file, and having the program parse this file and print out the precise output to STDOUT. When I have that part done, I'll refactor which code to work in a client/server model,Nike NFL Jerseys. Adapt that workflow for your requirements, obviously.
Just a note to hold in the back of your head: until building your project reaches "production readiness", treat every personality of code as throwaway. If you think of a "better" way of carrying out things, do it. Don't retain old code around just because. Even when your project reaches creation, don't hesitate to throw out entire data as necessary. Your computer code can always be made better. Always.
Jokes aside, that's in essence how I organize my jobs. I'll follow the basic operate flow, writing code for a basic use case, after which it work my way up following that, refactoring along the way. Hope that helps!
Sometimes it helps me to just. start. Wherever I can.
Not to say that you simply shouldn't design; obviously any kind of project needs a design, and a big project probably wants a lot of design. But I believe it's easy to get paralyzed through the hugeness of the design; I find it has an awkward phase after working out what all the big chunks are but before it is obvious to me what or earn money should be coding.
At that point, I prefer to just start writing class declarations. Of course, everything Now i am writing is likely to be discarded or dramatically changed, but I feel as if I get a much better handle about the project once I start working upon it. So I'll spend several hours writing code, then go back to my design and refine it - possibly I've thought of another package deal I'll need, or evolved my ideas about the power structure I'm building. Then, when my design seems to be the better choice again and/or I get stuck, The year progresses back to the code. Immediately after iterations of this, my layout is complete and I have a good tackle on what needs to be done : and when I know exactly what should be done, it's often very clear what order it should be done in.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Геоинформационная система. Беларусь. -> Общие вопросы Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: